Bungendore Park Recreation Plan & Signage Strategy
Tredwell worked with the City of Armadale and the Bungendore Park Environmental Group volunteers to develop a the Recreation Plan & Signage Strategy. This Strategy, including installation of the proposed signage, was implemented in early 2019.
Development of this Strategy included:
- An on-ground audit of the existing trail network, including grading in line with Australian Standard 2156.1 Australian Walking Tracks Classification and Signage.
- Evaluation and mapping of existing infrastructure, with recommendations for maintenance, removal or replacement
- Identification of the appropriate experiences for park users with mitigation of impacts on sensitive environments.
- Development of a Trail Network Concept Plan, which was tailored in consultation with the Bungendore Park Environmental Group and the City’s Environmental Services Team.
- Design and development of construction-ready signs, including trailhead, reserve entry, waymarking, and interpretation. line with the relevant style guide.
- Preparation of a costed implementation plan suitable to secure external funding.
Key considerations in planning for the enhancement of these trails included:
- Minimising the crossing from dieback-infected into dieback-free areas
- Use of materials that are low dieback risk
- Avoiding clearing any new areas or trails
- Avoiding slopes that can result in erosion
- Minimising weed introduction and spread
Read our story about this project Story