Recreation & Signage Strategy for Armadale Settlers Common West
Tredwell worked with the City of Armadale to develop a Recreation & Signage Strategy for Armadale Settlers Common West, which is part of the Wungong Regional Park.
This project provides an action plan and signage designs for the enhancement of this reserve as a renowned destination for bushwalking and nature appreciation.
Key outcomes of the project included:
- Consultation with the Armadale Settlers Common Working Group
- A trails network concept plan which balances the conservation and recreation values of the reserve
- Ground-truthed GIS files of existing trails and infrastructure audit
- Identification of locations to showcase the reserve through interpretation signage
- Re-location of boot cleaning stations to the reduce the spread of phytophthora dieback and protect environmental values
- Clear communication of trail experiences on trailhead signage
- Attractive design of a clear and concise wayfinding system and trail signage which is sympathetic to the natural environment