The Privacy Act 1988 defines Your information as your personal information. Depending on the type of project we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (including address, email address, phone number)
- Participation information (participation statistics, usage levels)
- Information related specifically to the project (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities)
The Privacy Act 1988 also refers to Sensitive information which includes information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, health, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal history. In the event, we require any sensitive information we would only collect this with your permission, and we will only use it for the purpose for which you provided it.
How we collect Your Information
We may collect your information in a few different ways, including:
- Directly from you when provided verbally, in written form, or in electronic form.
- From third parties (i.e. Council/Shire)
- From publicly available sources of information (i.e. ABS data)
How we hold Your Information
Your information is stored in electronic and hardcopy format, in storage facilities that we own or operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers.
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. This includes the storage of your information at a secured premise, data storage by ‘Cloud’ is encrypted to be safe and reliable, maintaining up-to-date anti-virus software and accredited internal quality processes.
How we use Your Information
We may use your information to perform research and analysis directly associated with the project. We may also need to conduct a check of identity associated with survey responses.
When we disclose Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Sub-contractors (i.e. Preferred Suppliers)
- Clients (i.e. Local & State Government)
- Contractors/Hosts (i.e. Simple Cloud Backup, Survey Monkey)
Your information is not on-sold to any other organisations and will only be used for the purpose for which it has been collected (project related).
Access to Your Information
You have the right to access your personal information held by Tredwell Management, according to the Privacy Act 1998. You may write to request access to your personal information using the contact details below.
You can request that your information be updated at any time if you believe it to be incomplete or inaccurate. We will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.