Tamworth Sport & Recreation Strategic Plan
Tredwell Management Services have been engaged by the Tamworth Regional Council to prepare a Sport & Recreation Strategic Plan. The aim of this project is to:
- Develop a Strategic Sport and Recreation Plan that will provide a road map for planning and developing sport and recreation facilities (both structured and unstructured) to cater for an estimated population growth of 100,000 by 2042, and to provide a logical basis for this decision making.
The Sport and Recreation Strategic Plan will:
- provide a road map for planning and development of all of Council sport, recreation and open space facilities.
- support work being done through development of Blueprint100 which is a strategic plan for the future growth of the Tamworth region towards a population of 100,000.
- provide a strategic approach to Council’s role and function in its provision, future investment and support for services.
- provide a prioritised action plan based on population and/ or participation trigger points.
It is essential for the community to be part of the development of Sport and Recreation Strategic Plan by providing feedback through the MyTRC Online Community portal yourvoice.tamworth during the public exhibition phase from November 11 to December 16 2019.