Mildura Public Open Space Strategy
Sport, Recreation & Open Space Planning
The Mildura Rural City Council Public Open Space Strategy provides an overarching plan for the development of a cohesive and connected public open space network to meet the needs of the region’s communities.
The objectives of the Strategy are to:
- Identify opportunities for building communities through open space development.
- Outline an approach which integrates open space planning with other planning initiatives.
- Establish best-practice principles for the acquisition, disposal, design, development, management and evaluation of open space.
- Identify a vision for open space across MRCC which reflects the aspirations of the community
- Identify opportunities for networking of existing and future areas of public open space.
- Develop a prioritised action plan for the progressive development of public open space across MRCC.
Photo Source: Mildura Regional City Council