Feasibility Study for a Synthetic Hockey Facility Development
Feasibility & Needs Assessment
The City of Joondalup engaged the services of Tredwell Management to undertake the development of the following:
- feasibility study for a synthetic hockey facility and associated infrastructure
- one high level concept plan including 3-4 hockey pitches (synthetic and grass), clubroom facility, floodlighting, player benches, spectator seating and costings.
- one high level concept plan for an alternative park plus associated costings
The project presented many challenges including historical project negotiations, limited options for suitable sites within the city, site specific constraints and significant costs associated with constructing synthetic turf pitches.
The key findings of the Feasibility Study were:
- A regional level hockey facility with multi-use facilities/pitches and capacity for expansion should be pursued to address the shortfall in current facility provision
- The new facility should include one synthetic pitch, three natural grass fields, multi-purpose clubroom, floodlit playing grounds and parking