Serpentine Jarrahdale Sport & Recreation Precinct Feasibility Study & Master Plan
Feasibility & Needs Assessment, Master Planning
The purpose of the Feasibility Study was to analyse the current and future facility needs of the different sporting codes against current and imminently planned facilities’ capacities to support the expected growth in population and sporting participation.
The study included the review of:
• Government Agency Policy & Legislation
• Population Forecasts (forecast.id)
• Sport & Recreation Participation Trends (Local/National/Global)
• SJ Shire’s Community Facilities and Services Plan to 2040 (Reviewed 2012)
• PLA (WA) Benchmarks for Community Infrastructure 2012
• Key Stakeholder & Community Consultation
Multiple sites across the Shire were assessed in terms of suitability for delivering a multipurpose facility that would meet the current and future needs of the community. A high level concept Master Plan was developed to gain a broad understanding of the associated cost of a development that met community needs. Total costs to implement the development in its entirety would be in the order of $85 – $90 million.