West Coast Council Sport and Recreation Review
Sport, Recreation & Open Space Planning
This Sport and Recreation Plan provides an overview of the progress made since the preparation of the West Coast Council Sport and Recreation Plan 2010-2020 and identifies a vision and strategic plan to embrace sport and recreation opportunities into the future.
The Sport and Recreation Plan considers the following:
- Review of the recommended strategies and actions indicated in West Coast Council Sport and Recreation Plan 2010-2020.
- Assessment of the current usage of West Coast sports and recreation facilities.
- Consultation with the community on current and perceived future usage of sports and recreation facilities.
- Design of strategies that include opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing between sporting and recreation groups.
- Detail of action plans for providing quality sport and recreation opportunities for the communities of the West Coast as well as visitors.
“West Coast Council worked with Tredwell Consultants to deliver the Sport & Recreation Plan for the West Coast communities. At all times, Tredwell’s consultants were professional, responsive and provided expert assistance in the development of our plan. They understood the constraints of a small Council, and with their extensive experience in working with remote communities and mining communities we felt they provided great value for money in providing real life solutions to our unique concerns.”
Vikki Iwanicki, Community Development & Events Officer