CONGRATULATIONS PLA NATIONAL AWARD WINNERS
Winning the SA/NT PLA Strategic Planning Award for our entry Outback Sport, Recreation and Open Space Strategy progressed us to the national awards held at the MCG, Melbourne in October. We were competing against the regional winners of the same category.
WA – City of Swan, Standards for Open Space and Community Buildings
QLD – Sunshine Coast Council, Environment and Liveability Strategy 2017
NSW/ACT – Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands, Moore Park 2040
VIC/TAS – Moreland City Council, Allocation and Use of Sporting Facilities Policy
We didn’t take home the chocolates but would like to congratulate the winner Sunshine Coast Council for their Environment and Liveability Strategy 2017.
Congratulations also goes to all the 2018 Award Winners in each of the categories.
- Best Rural Industry Contribution, City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, WA Goldfields Oasis Recreation Centre
- Best Use of Technology Award, New Horizons, NSA/ACT Parallel Parks
- Community Facility of the Year, City of Cockburn, WA Cockburn ARC
- Major Event of the Year, Cumberland Council, NSW/ACT Sydney Cherry Blossom Festival
- Park of the Year Award, North Sydney Council, NSW/ACT Coal Loader Platform
- Playspace Award (<$0.5M) City of Melville, WA Piney Lakes Sensory Play Park
- Playspace Award (>$0.5M) Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands, NSW/ACT The Ian Potter Children’s WILD PLAY Garden
- Research Project Award, Deakin University, VIC/TAS The REVAMP Study
- Strategic Planning Award, Sunshine Coast Council, Environment and Liveability Strategy 2017