Winning the SA/NT PLA Strategic Planning Award for our entry Nhulunbuy Recreation, Open Space and Trail Plan progressed us to the 2019 National Awards of Excellence held at the Crown Perth, Western Australia in October. We were competing against the regional winners of the same category.
We didn’t win the national award but would like to congratulate the Strategic Planning Award winner Belgravia Leisure, VIC for their Leisure Access and Inclusion 5-year Plan.
Congratulations also goes to all the 2019 Award Winners in each of the categories.
• Frank Stewart Distinguished Service Award, Kristen Jackson
• David Aldous Young Professional of the Year Award, Cassie Farquhar-Reid, WA.
• Best Use of Technology Award, Parks Victoria, VIC – ParkConnect – Connecting Volunteers to Parks
• Community Based Initiative of the Year, FORM building a state of creativity, WA – Field of Light: Avenue of Honour
• Community Facility of the Year, Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands, NSW – The Calyx – Australia’s living plant gallery
• Major Event of the Year, City of Mandurah and WA Police, WA – Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games
• Park of the Year Award, ASPECT Studios, Level Crossing Removal Authority, Lendlease/CPB and Cox Architects, VIC – Djerring Linear Parks and Trail
• Playspace Award (<$0.5M) Nature Play Solutions, Skate Sculpture and Shire of Lake Grace, WA
• Playspace Award (>$0.5M) City of Greater Bendigo, VIC – Eaglehawk Regional Playspace
• Research Project Award, University of Wollongoing, NSW – More quality green space needed for child health
• Strategic Planning Award, Belgravia Leisure, VIC – Belgravia Leisure Access and Inclusion 5-year Plan